Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday


Here's Volume 5 of What I Wore Wednesday! I'm linking up with the Pleated Poppy again, so click on her link to the right to see more blogger's outfits! 

I was too busy with family and holiday stuff last week to prepare a post, so I've got a few more outfits than usual to share today.

Outfit #1

I wore this outfit on a seriously cold day before Christmas. Even just staying in the house, I was freezing and wanted to be bundled up in a cozy sweater. This sweater fits the bill - it's over-sized, incredibly soft, and a really good color. I didn't want to put on boots or thick socks though, so I just wore some of my favorite leopard flats.

Sweater - Loft - $29.99 Sale / Jeans - J. Jill / Shoes - Coach

Outfit #2

I wore this out for my sister's and Grandma's birthday dinner. I originally saw this dress on Pinterest when I first started wasting spending time on the site. I fell in love with it and bought it immediately. Then I realized the dangerousness that is Pinterest - fabulous clothes that immediately link to the sites where you can buy them. Bad news for a shopaholic. I paid full price for the dress which I think was close to $150, but I really do love it and get compliments on it all the time. Sometimes I wear a wide black belt with it, which seems to make it a bit more casual.

Dress - Donna Morgan via Nordstrom / Necklace - Stella & Dot / Tights - Assets via Target / Shoes - Coach

Outfit #3

Seriously casual me, going last-minute Christmas shopping with my sister and Stacy. The sweater is a fun baseball-tee shirt inspired knit that is unlike any sweater I've ever had. I livened up my look with some fun, bright red lipstick and leopard flats though.

Sweater - The Limited - $27.45 Sale / Jeans - J. Jill / Shoes - Coach

Outfit #4

My Christmas Eve outfit. We spend Christmas Eve with my mother's side of the family and most of us tend to get a little more dressed up for this family celebration. I love this top - it's got little spots of sequins scattered over the front and has an almost halter-top design, with buttons at the back of the neck. And seriously not until I blew this photo up did I realize that this top was a little sheer (you can see the waist of my pants through it!). Oh, well. We're family.

Top - Apt. 9 via Kohl's - $14.40 Sale / Necklace - Target / Pants - Daisy Fuentes via Kohl's / Shoes - Coach

Because this is Colorado after all, and Christmas Eve was particularly cold, I added a cardi over this for part of the night.


Cardigan - Target $19.99

Outfit #5

This is what I wore on Christmas night, when we celebrate Christmas and my dad's birthday with his side of the family. You're really not missing anything by not seeing the rest of the photo - just a black cardi, white tank, and jeans. We're usually a bit more casual for this night. My necklace was the really cute part of the outfit. I bought it from a vendor at Junior League's Holiday Mart and I believe it was under $40. I love the red and orange stones together and paired it with fun red lips again.

Outfit #6

I wore this out for drinks with girlfriends the other night. It's super comfortable but slightly dressy, too. The top is a great silky tank, light pink with brown polka dots and has a row of vertical pleats down the center. It fastens with a zipper on the back that is covered with grosgrain ribbon. The boots are from the first generally good wide calf boot site I found a couple years ago. They're not as customizable as duoboots.com, and they don't have as many fashionable options, but they still have better options for women who need something bigger than normal.

Top - Jones New York via Macy's - $26.70 (originally $89!) / Cardi - Kohl's? (I've had it forever) / Jeans - J. Jill / Boots - David Tate via widewidths.com

Outfit #7

This is what I wore for our pretty casual New Year's Eve celebration. I went to a dinner party with friends, where I was the only single person. Sigh... Story of my life. These are my new, one-size-down Levi's. I'm in love with them. I think I love them even more than their predecessors. :) The fit of these jeans is fabulous! They're the 529 Curvy Bootcut - they curve in enough at the waist that there's no gap, they don't ride too high, and they're not too tight on my thighs. Perfect! I've been loving these kinds of necklaces for a while. There was no way in hell I'd pay what J.Crew is selling them for, but one of the blogs I follow links to a store that sells them for a much more reasonable price, and in a bunch of fun colors!

Necklace - ILY Couture - $29 / Cardi - Target / Shirt - Elle via Kohl's / Belt - from a Target skirt / Jeans - Levi's via Macy's - $39.99 / Boots - Matisse

Hope you enjoyed my outfits from the last two weeks! See you again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment