Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Golden Globes Fashion Review - Part 1

I am so inexcusably late with this post that it's ridiculous. I apologize (especially to Jeannine!) for making you wait. I took notes on who I wanted to cover and my initial thoughts and I downloaded the pics the day after the show. But since then, I've read other blog's reviews and heard various things on tv - I hope that hasn't changed my thoughts too much!

I'm going to go in first name alphabetical order since that's how the pics are saved on my computer.


I loved this dress on Alyssa Milano. I think the color is really great and I love the pairing of the turquoise earrings. I believe she's preggers, so I think this is quite flattering. The wrinkles are a bit sad, but tis life. Fun clutch, too. And she's one of the few people who look pretty good with a center hair part.


This dress on Amy Adams got some good and some bad reviews, and though I really like the tulle bottom and the combo of the lace with the tulle, this color is totally boring and way too close to her skin color. It's like Carrie Bradshaw's naked dress. Also, it needs another inch on the bust - it looks like a nip slip waiting to happen.


Anne Hathaway's dress got really good reviews, but I didn't like it at all. I don't think the top was flattering in the slightest - it flattened her boobs and then stuck away from her belly in an odd way. I think I'd prefer it if it was a one piece column dress. I do like her in white though. Also, her hair has definitely looked better. I like the pixie cut on her, but styled this way seems boyish.


This pic of Bradley Cooper isn't from the Globes. I tried and tried to find a picture of him from when he exited the car and waved to everybody because he looked so amazingly hot, but alas, I couldn't. I think these are the same shades. So just imagine that this is from the red carpet. :)


Speaking of another hot man in shades, here's Daniel Craig with his wife Rachel Weicz. I'll get to her later.


Giulianna Rancic's dress was undoubtedly one of the worst of the night. Just ick. She looks like Morticia Addams or a Victorian widow or something.


Jennifer Garner is one of my favorite people and I think she looked fabulous. The red was fun for her and I think the dress was appropriate for a presenter and the wife of a big winner (Ben Affleck). The dress highlights the greatest parts of her post-baby body, too. (Um, hello boobs!)


Jennifer Lawrence's dress had high and low points for me. I love the color on her - bright coral, and I love the metal belt. But I didn't love the weird structure of the bodice or how the fit of the hips made her look a little out of proportion.


Here's a slightly better picture of the weird structure on the bodice. I'm sure it caught crumbs at dinner. I do love her hair without bangs - she has such a pretty face, it's a shame that she often hides it with bangs.


That's it for this post! I'll do two more to get all those in that I want to mention. Hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment