Saturday, January 26, 2013

Golden Globes Fashion Review - Part 3

Let's get this thing wrapped up, shall we? The SAG Awards are this weekend and I want to be able to do a review of those, too.


I love this ensemble on Marion Cotilliard. It's a beautiful color, the silhouette is very flattering and the fit it great. It's one of the most successful high-low hems I've seen and I like her accessories - especially the metallic belt. Though the shoes look very matchy-matchy here, they had some funky-fun luminescence to them that changed colors depending on the light or angle you saw them from. I'm not a fan of her hair or lack of makeup though; she looks very undone on top.


Michelle Dockery's dress seemed to get a lot of bad reviews, but I really liked it. Yes, the shoulders are a bit bulbous, but I like the gold lacy-like stuff above the rest of the white dress. The line of this dress is very flattering on her. Her hair is fun and I like her accessories.


I used to hate black and navy together, but I'm beginning to like it more and more. However, while I can appreciate the two colors together on Morenna Baccarin's dress, I do not like this whatsoever. This is way too frumpy for such a hot woman. She can seriously do a lot better. Even her hair is wrong here. No. Just no.



Naomi Watts' dress got great reviews, but I'm not a total fan. I really dislike the details on the front. I don't like the high neck with the keyhole or the satin strips. I do like the color, especially on her. I also like the sexy open back and originally I liked how the satin joined the back in pleats and then flowed into a train. I thought it was a pretty detail. But then I realized the entire satin part is separate from the skirt of the dress - which I really don't like. It seems kind-of bridal and weird in this scenario.


Now we finally get to review Rachel Weicz's dress. Um, how old are you? This feels a little young. I like this dress from the bottom of the solid skirt up. I actually like the little bow belt and the sheer dots on top. But the sheer skirt is ridiculous. How much prettier would this be with a solid skirt? I'm so sick of sheer skirts. It's overdone and the trend needs to pass. Her hair and makeup are beautiful, though.


I really hate Sienna Miller's ensemble. I hate the two-piece, I hate the shape/fit of the top, I hate the fabric with the three-dimensional flowers, I hate her uber-casual hair and makeup. She has looked so much better.



I absolutely love the back of Taylor Swift's dress. Sexy! I love this color on her, it's so different - she's usually in white or pastels. I love the low, low back with the double straps. I haven't been able to determine if the contrasting fabric panels are sheer or just a different color/fabric. I actually hope they're sheer - I think that would be really sexy and successful in this application. I'm not as big a fan of the front. I don't think the bodice fits her very well - she had to stand with her shoulders and arms really far back for it to look just okay. And this satin showed wrinkles so badly. Overall, though, this was a pretty good look for her.


Lastly, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. They both have gorgeous faces and hair. I'm a big fan of the length of Tina's dress, and I like the white satin collar detail on the top. And you all know how I like a black and white floral. Well done Tina! I'm not 100% sure of Amy's outfit. I don't think the cropped pants are the most flattering on her, and though I'm not usually a fan of a blazer without anything underneath, it's pretty sexy here. I think her shoes and necklace are kind-of fun, if a bit stripper-ish, for some reason. But I absolutely adore her hair. Someday, for some big event, I want my hair like this.

You can view my Golden Globes Fashion Review - Part 1 here.
You can view my Golden Globes Fashion Review - Part 2 here.

That's it, that's all! I'll be back to cover some more of the award shows coming up.


No comments:

Post a Comment