Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Welcome to Volume 7 of What I Wore Wednesday! I'm linking up with the Pleated Poppy again, so click on her link over on the right side to check out some of the other bloggers's outfits.

Outfit #1

It's a work day. I bought this dress at the after-Christmas sales and I really like it, though I do think it's a bit short for me. I had hoped that I could wear it through the seasons, but I don't think it's appropriate work attire without tights. Also, thought it's a multi-layer concoction, I needed to add a jacket for warmth. This blazer is the most comfortable blazer I've ever owned. It's a thick knit, almost a ponte knit, but a little softer. I love it! I've decided that I need some new thicker tights. I always thought these were great, but the photos show me they could be better. I want something really, really opaque and matte. Any suggestions?


Dress - Bar III via Macy's - $41.40 Sale from $69.00 / Blazer - Talbots / Necklace - Stella & Dot / Belt - from a Target Skirt / Tights - Assets via Target / Shoes - Coach

Outfit #2

Casual work day and dinner with my parents. Denver had a long stretch of seriously cold weather (highs in the teens! BRRRR!), so I needed to wear a cozy warm sweater and this one fit the bill! I've had it for a few years, but I think they still have it in their catalog.

Sweater - Soft Surroundings / Tank - Target / Jeans - J. Jill / Boots - David Tate via widewidths.com

Outfit #3

Working, again. (Which is really a good thing!) But I also had a line showing at the Design Center, so I went a little beyond my usual. I love the belt that came with this skirt. It's a really narrow leopard print belt that I know I'll be able to pair with other outfits as well. The skirt is another item from my after-Christmas shopping spree at Macy's. Seriously, there were some really great deals! I've had this top for probably almost 10 years. I can't seem to let it go even though I go through periods when I dislike it and don't wear it for a long span. It's a really thin knit, silk sweater, without any real detail, so I'm sure it will never go out of style. And pairing it all with my favorite leopard print heels - tada! A fun outfit.

Sweater - The Limited / Necklace - Kohl's (?) / Skirt & Belt - Tommy Hilfiger via Macy's - $34.75 Sale from $69.50 / Tights - Assets via Target / Shoes - Charles David


I'll be getting to my Golden Globes fashion review later this week, maybe even tomorrow. So be sure to come back!


No comments:

Post a Comment