Thursday, January 24, 2013

Golden Globes Fashion Review - Part 2

And it continues...


I love this dress and the styling on/of Jessica Alba. The dress silhouette itself isn't anything new and spectacular, but the color is phenomenal, the fit is spot-on, the accessories are unique, her hair and makeup are beautiful - all around terrific. I think the color looks really great with her skin tone and I like the extra large ruffles on the back of the skirt. And I think this is the prettiest and most subtle ombre hair I've seen.


Oh Jessica Chastain. What are you doing to yourself?!? You are a beautiful girl with a great body and this is a horrendous insult of a dress. You are much too young to have boobs that look as droopy as this dress is making them look. The skirt isn't doing her any favors either and it's much too long. In addition, I don't think this super light minty color is the best for her. Can you imagine her in emerald green? Amazing!


Two of my favorite people (only partially because I've actually met them and they're wonderful!) - Jon Hamm and Jennifer Westfeldt. Of course he looks good - when does he not? And though initially I didn't love this dress, it's grown on me. I originally didn't like the shape of the beading where it joins with the plain fabric of the skirt, and it still isn't my favorite detail, but I don't hate it. I really like the color, probably only because it's different. Usually I don't like royal purple. I do think it looks a little uncomfortable, though. Can you imagine sitting in this - it looks like it would totally dig into you.


Not a fan of Julia Louis Dreyfus this night. I know this is tulle over a large floral print, but it just looks like mold to me. Honestly I think it would have been better without the tulle. I could get behind a black and white floral gown. Also, this makes her hips look much wider than they are. And stupid center part again. Obviously she's not listening to me because I've complained about this before. She could also use a more colorful lippy.



I'm not a huge fan of Julianna Marguiles dress either. The front looks messy to me and the back, while the plunge/almost backless aspect is extremely sexy, I absolutely hate seeing the skirt of the short lining. It's tacky. Though it's not obvious, she had a horrible pony tail extension - it looked so fake. Yuck.


Katherine McPhee has gotten a range of reviews for her ensemble, but I actually like it a lot on her. Yes, the front could be crazy revealing, but it's not because she doesn't have huge boobs. I think she's safely restrained there. I love the overlapping skirt - it allows just enough leg to show without being Angeline Jolie gratuitous. Her hair and makeup are good, accessories are good, and though I'd prefer the toe strap on her shoes to be black like the others instead of clear, those are good, too. I think the edgy look is a fun departure for her, though I admit I don't follow her and don't watch her show, so I don't really know.


Kerry Washington is another one of my favorite people - I LOVE her show Scandal. There are aspects of this dress that I like and aspects that I hate. I dislike the sheer over-skirt look - I'm so sick of seeing it. Also, another nude color dress - usually boring. But I think this is slightly more successful that other iterations because the color of her skin offers a nice contrast. I really like her hair this straight - I'm so sick of seeing it in 70s Farrah Fawcet waves on her show.


Lena Dunham did good! Flattering silhouette, great dark plum color (or maybe it's a plummy brown?), great hair and makeup. Lovely. I feel like a traitor saying this because I have tattoos, but I hate her tattoos. I just don't like seeing such large artistic tattoos on women's arms. I don't know why. I like arm tattoos on guys...


I know that Lucy Liu is on many people's Best Dressed lists, but I hate this with a passion. It reminds me of 80s Laura Ashley wallpaper. I just can't... And the colors seem weird together to and it feels much too spring time to be out in January. I do like the pockets, of course, and the style is very pretty. But, no. Just no.


Stay tuned for Part 3 coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment