Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Hi ya'll! I'm back with another week of outfits! And have I got a lot of outfits this time! I'm linking up with Real Girl Style and the Pleated Poppy, so click on their buttons on the right menu to check out the other bloggers outfits!

Outfit #1

I wore this to work and to dinner with my good friend, Robert, who was in town from Arizona. Our weather (snowing, of course!) was not to his liking at all!

Cardi - J. Crew / Belt - from a skirt / Dress - Loft / Tights - Hue / Shoes - Coach


You couldn't see my cute earrings in the outfit picture I chose, so here they are. I love them but don't wear them that often because they're really heavy.

Earrings - Stella & Dot

Outfit #2

Another work day, but I spent a good portion of it saving two runaway dogs. The little dog that I carried around forever really stunk, but I couldn't put her down because I didn't have a leash and I knew she'd get away. After the dogs owners came to get them, I realized the dog stink had stuck to me and nothing I did made it go away. (Seriously - I sprayed myself with Lysol and our fancy air freshener.) :( So now this jacket is at the dry cleaners and I know it will cost me a bundle because of the leather accents that are all over - on the cuff zippers, the pockets, the shoulders... Oh well. No good deed goes unpunished, right?

Jacket - Classiques Entier via Nordstrom / Top - Target - $19.99 / Necklace - Boutique in High Point, NC / Earrings - Stella & Dot / Pants - Style & Co. / Shoes - Coach

Outfit #3

I bought this jacket ages ago to specifically go with these shoes. I really wanted something that was a black and brown combo and this totally fit the bill! Confession time here - I don't know how to sew a button on very well and this jacket needed that done, so until I recently asked my mom to do it for me, it sat unused in my closet for much too long. :)

Jacket - Mac & Jac via Nordstrom / Top - J. Crew / Jeans - Levi's / Belt - Coach / Shoes - Prada


I got these Prada heels at a fabulous consignment store in Las Vegas that I used to frequent when I worked there a lot. The had been worn maybe once or twice and were a fabulous price. These shoes, with their black bows on brown leather were why I needed wanted a black/brown piece of clothing.

Outfit #4

This weekend was Junior League's Board of Directors retreat, so I had to actually get dressed both days. We're pretty casual, but I still wanted to look cute.

Cardi - J. Jill / Top - J. Crew / Jeans - J. Jill / Shoes - Target - $19.99


These ribbon flats are totally cute for spring. I want to get a top that is this bright blue, though, as every aqua top I have is a little too muted.

Outfit #5

Second day of the retreat. I've been looking for a leopard scarf for a while and finally found this one for a really great price.

Scarf - ASOS - 6.99 GBP / Top - Target / Jeans - Levi's / Belt - Coach / Shoes - Steve Madden

Outfit #6

It finally feels like spring here! I bought this dress a couple months ago and it was finally nice enough to bust it out. I got a ton of compliments on it, which is always nice when you spend such a small amount of money on something! I love the mint accents on this black and white dress.

Dress - Worthington via JCP - $30.00 / Shoes - Coach

Outfit #7

This top is the first thing I ever bought from JCP and that was probably two years ago. I hadn't been in that store for like forever, but I was getting a cookie at the mall one day and this was displayed near the entry and caught my eye. I was surprised that a store I associated with old ladies and frumpy-ness had such a cute top, so I ventured in. I've gotten so many compliments on this and it looks just as nice today as it did two years ago - the quality is quite good. Now I'm a convert and try to get to JCP a couple times a year to see what they've got going on.

Top - Worthington via JCP / Belt - Coach / Pants - Apt. 9 via Kohl's - $48.00 / Shoes - Coach


I like pairing these shoes with the belt because they have similar stitching details. Gotta love Coach. :)


Hope you enjoyed my outfits this week - I'll see you again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment