Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Welcome back to another week of outfits! Spring has finally hit Denver and I couldn't be more excited about it. Well, really, we might have passed spring completely and gone straight to summer as it's been 85 degrees for two days. But I'll take that over snow right now! I'm linking up with the Pleated Poppy and Real Girl Style so click on their links to the right to see other bloggers style.

Outfit #1

This was the last of the really cool days and in fact it rained all day, so these suede heels were totally the wrong shoes to wear. Thankfully, they didn't get too messed up!

Top - Target / Necklace - ILY Couture / Jeans - J. Jill / Belt - from a dress / Shoes - Nine West

Outfit #2

Okay, so who has heard of Charming Charlie's? I recently learned of this store and went in to look for some cheap jewelry. Talk about a time suck! But I loved it! Seriously, seriously great prices on fun jewelry. Things similar to (though obviously not as high of quality) J. Crew and Stella & Dot. Fabulous! I recently bought this bright coral cardi and wanted some fun jewelry to go with it and this necklace fit the bill, and it came with matching earrings! I've had the lacy tank and navy capris since last spring/summer. I'm surprised the capris fit me, I'd have thought they'd be too big, but they're not, which means they must have been a little tight last year.

Cardi - Old Navy - $15.00 / Tank - Coldwater Creek / Necklace & Earrings - Charming Charlie's - $10.00 / Capris - 212 Collection via Kohl's / Shoes - Nine West


Here's a slightly closer look at the necklace and the lace of the tank. It's really very pretty and delicate. I have to be very careful when I wear it.

Outfit #3

I spent this day very casual - I had to clean my parent's house in anticipation of my sister's surprise visit for Mother's Day. Then take her to my mom's office to surprise her. She was hilarious! Could barely talk and then cried when we walked in. I got it on video, but somehow lost it before I could upload it to youtube. :( I bought this slouchy shirt at the same time as the coral cardi (as well as a few other items) and it is so comfy. I knew it was a little too big, but it was such a great deal, so I just put it in the dryer and hopefully that will shrink it a little bit.

Top - Old Navy - $3.99 Sale from $16.94 / Jean Capris - Ana via JCP / Flips - Tory Burch

Outfit #4

My outfit for Mother's Day dinner with the whole family. Seriously casual, but still totally cute. I wish I had worn my chunky turquoise necklace with this, though.


I actually don't usually like this style of sandals - they're just not the most flattering on my feet, but for some reason I like these that I bought last year.

Tank - Target / Skirt - Bobeau via Nordstrom Rack / Sandals - Dolce Vita

Outfit #5

I bought this dress back in December for a total steal because it was so off-season. I love the pairing of small and big polka dots - they're so much fun. The top is a little big on me but not enough to warrant getting it altered and the skirt is a little less full than I usually like, so (just to be totally honest here!) I'm wearing spanx beneath it. Also, the skirt is unlined while the top is lined - and it would be some much more comfortable if it was all lined the same way. The cotton of the skirt clings a lot, so it could really use something silky beneath it. But overall, I really like it and thought it was generally flattering.

Dress - The Limited - $38.99 Sale from $89.90 / Shoes - Tahari


I adore these peep toe mary janes from Tahari. The heel, the strap, and the cap around the heel are leather while the rest of the shoe is linen. They're super cute, but a little bit high, so I don't wear them all that often.


Hope you liked my outfits this week! See you back here next week!

2 comments:

  1. Love your outfits!

    You look fabulous in every single one, but I adore that polka-dot dress. Wow. Very gorgeous.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfits. I love the pink necklace. I'd love for you to link up to My Style Monday. http://fashionsgreatesthits.blogspot.com/2013/05/my-style-monday_20.html

    ReplyDelete