Tuesday, May 21, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Welcome back to What I Wore Wednesday! I am so excited that it is finally nice in Denver! Sure we have our cool days still, but generally it's been beautiful! It's fabulous to bust out my spring/summer clothes and give them some time in the spotlight. And it's so nice not to have to wear a cardi or a coat every day! I'm linking up with Real Girl Style and the Pleated Poppy, so click on their links on the right menu to check out the other bloggers' style!


Outfit #1

This wasn't the best picture of my outfit this day, but Scotty really cracked me up! He would not leave me alone - crying at the door when he got stuck in the hall, following me back and forth from the camera, jumping up on me. And since he is so difficult to get a picture of anyway (for some reason he's afraid of the camera), I decided to use this pic with him. :)
I've only worn this top once before, and I like it so much more without a cardi over the top. And I think it looks much fancier when it's paired with black pants instead of jeans.

Top - Lela Rose for Neiman Marcus for Target / Pants - Style & Co. / Shoes - Coach


More fun cheap jewelry from Charming Charlie! I was really in need of some "gold" jewelry and I definitely found it! The bow bracelet is the only new one on my arm and the ring has a fun textured top.

Bracelet - Charming Charlie - $8.00 / Ring - Charming Charlie - $8.00


Outfit #2

So, I originally bought this polka dot top to go with my black and off-white striped skirt. But it turns out that even though this is off-white too, it's nowhere near off-white enough to pair with the skirt. It looks like a mistake - like I was trying to match and missed - something I'm always aware of from my work life as an interior designer. But, I really like the top, so I kept it anyway. It's got a cute keyhole back that is tied with a ribbon.

Top - Lauren Conrad via Kohl's - $36.00 / Belt - ? / Skirt - Loft, Thrifted / Shoes - Tahari


Outfit #3

I have a feeling this outfit is going to be in heavy rotation this summer. I just love it! And now that I can wear it with sandals - even better!


I've had these kitten heel slides from Target for years! They cost next to nothing and are some of my absolute favorite simple summer shoes. I have a tan pair, too. I'm shocked they've lasted this long!

Top - Inc via Macy's / Necklace - Forever 21 / Capris - J. Jill / Shoes - Target


Outfit #4


I wore this summery outfit over the weekend when Michelle and I were finally able to get together for drinks and spend some much needed quality time together! I love this eyelet top. I originally tried it on in a fun bright yellow color, trying to spice up my palette a bit, but yellow doesn't really look great on me, so I stuck with white. And I love me some silver flip flops!

Top - Old Navy - $12.99 Sale from $29.94 / Jean Capris - ANA via JCP / Flips - Land's End


Outfit #5


It was a little chilly and rainy this day, so I pulled out this bright sweater. It has a really cute grosgrain ribbon detail down the front.


I paired it with this statement necklace that I've had for a while, but for some reason I've never fallen in love with it. I just can't get the main flower/rosette thing to lay right for any length of time. It started bugging me relentlessly after an hour at work, so off it went. I think I'm going to get rid of it because it just irritates me so much even if it's cute.

Cardi - Boden / Tank - Target / Necklace - Loft / Belt - Coach / Pants - Style & Co / Shoes - Coach


Outfit #6

This silky printed dress is fun. And even though I bought it last year (or the year before), I think it's still on-trend this year! It came with a narrow red belt but I've always liked it better with tan. On a completely off-topic note, I recently saw on Pinterest that you should use baby oil on your legs when you shave because it will make your razors last longer, so I decided to try that. Now, I have no idea if my razor will last longer yet, but the baby oil was a fabulous moisturizer and was really soothing in the areas that I usually get a little razor burn. And it made my legs look nice and shiny in the photo!

Dress - Daisy Fuentes via Kohl's / Belt - Charming Charlie - $10.00 / Shoes - Cole Haan


I hope you enjoyed my outfits this week! I'll see you soon!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely outfits girl!! Your dog is so cute and I am smitten with that bow bracelet!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG she can swallow my load anytime

    ReplyDelete