Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oscars 2012 Fashion - Part 2

Moving right along...


Here is the beautiful Viola Davis (she was robbed!).  This dress has gotten such a range of reviews, but I love it.  I do wish there was an extra inch of fabric on the bodice because I think it looks like she in danger of spilling over the top, but I think it's fabulous.  I really like the color on her skin tone, it shows her fab body, I like the detailing at the bottom.  I also really like that she's not wearing a wig and rocking her real hair, but I don't like the color of her real hair.  I think it's too similar to her skin color and I think she's more striking with darker hair.  But overall a win from me.


I LOVE this dress on Glenn Close.  And apparently it's a dark green color, not black, which is not very obvious.  But I love the take on a tuxedo here.  I think she looks stunning in it.  I like the jacket on on older woman.  I like how she still looks exactly like herself even dressed up.



I'm not a fan of the dress Rooney Mara wore, or her hair.  First the hair - I know she needs to keep the cut because they're filming the rest of the Girl/Tattoo movies, but I think it looks a TON better when she slicks the bangs back.  Now, the dress.  I don't like it at all.  I don't think it's very flattering to her.  Those weird fins on the boobs are one of the strangest things I've ever seen on a dress.  I like that she's not in black, like she's worn on every other red carpet, but I don't think the lace is right for her.  I don't think the top of the dress is fitted very well, which could be because she said she chose this dress on the morning of the Oscars. The back is better because it's sexy, but still a little weird.  Kind of looks like bandaids.


I really like this dress on Octavia Spencer.  It's styled similar to most of her red carpet dresses, but I think this one is a bit more successful.  I think there's less fabric, so when it's gathered in the middle, it doesn't add too much bulk.  I like her drop earrings, too.  I do like her hair better when it's down, though.  I think this up-do makes her look older.


Now, the first of two guys, Jonah Hill.  I don't like this black on black on black - especially on him.  I think it makes him look larger, which is strange because black usually makes you look thinner.  Compare it to this pic from the Oscars luncheon the day before:


The white shirt and the pop of color in the tie has a slimming effect on him.  So much better.  I know this is too casual for the Oscars, but he could have adapted his formal look to achieve this.


Sean Combs, Diddy, Puffy, whatever his name is, he is SHARP here.  Very nice.  He looks great in a tux.  And I really like the little slash of a pocket square.  Very cool.


I've got one more set of photos that includes my other favorite dress and the most talked about thigh, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment