Sunday, February 19, 2012

I Actually Made Something I Pinned on Pinterest


If you haven't wasted time on Pinterest yet, you're really missing out!  Such an addictive site!  I love it.

I am not a cook, nor am I a baker.  But I have found some of the yummiest looking things on Pinterest, and have actually made a few things.  They're all relatively easy so far, but I'm sure I'll get more adventurous soon.


The first thing I made is called Addictive Caramel Corn Puffs


We had something like this on Christmas and I absolutely loved it, so I was super excited to see it on Pinterest.  It's not the easiest thing to make as it requires constant attention.  My version did not come out anywhere near as yummy as the stuff we had on Christmas.  I'll try it again because I'm not sure I made it quite right and if it doesn't come out the way I want it again, I'll ask my aunt for her friend's recipe.


The next thing I made looked so easy, I didn't even look at the recipe attached to the picture.  But I'll link it here.  It's Chocolate & Peanut Butter Filled Crescent Rolls


These were okay.  I think I should have put in more peanut butter as I thought the ratio of peanut butter to crescent roll wasn't quite right (maybe I should've looked at the recipe!).  And since I'm the only person eating anything I make, I got sick of these before they were gone, since you need to make the entire roll of crescents.  If multiple people were eating them, I think that would be better.


Next up was Berry Baked Oatmeal.  Which my coworkers and I actually called Berry Oatmeal Bake and then shortened to BOB.  "I had a little BOB for breakfast today." :)


This was so super simple and really yummy, too.  I threw all the ingredients together before I got in the shower before work and it baked while I was getting ready.  It's pretty dense, and stays really moist because of the applesauce and berries.  When I had my first taste right out of the oven, I thought I should have thawed the frozen berries first because it was a little soggy around the berries.  But that sogginess was gone when I brought it to work.  And heated up leftovers were better than right out of the oven.  I'll definitely make this one again.


The last thing I've made so far is Quick and Easy Restaurant Salsa


I'm always looking for good and easy salsa recipes because I absolutely LOVE salsa.  This one is totally easy and really good.  Everything goes in the blender.  Simple.  I will alter it a little next time I make it, though.  The first time I used a little too much cilantro.  And even though I love cilantro, it was a bit overpowering.  I used the entire bunch I bought which was more than the recipe called for.  Also, next time I will chop some extra onions and add them after everything goes through the blender because I like a little bit of chunky onions.  But overall, a Pin Win.


Next up I'm going to try Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes.


I have everything to make these but haven't been around to do it yet.  I'll let you know how they come out.


Check out Pinterest if you haven't yet.  You can follow my pin boards by clicking on the button to the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment