Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What I Wore

Welcome back to another week of what I wore! I'm linking up with Real Girl Style and the Pleated Poppy, so check out their websites, too!


Outfit #1

Oui oui! I felt quite French in this fun outfit. And quite cutie, too. The navy stripes felt really cute and not at all patriotic with the red belt and shoes. For some reason, I don't actually like to wear red that much. I love it in my house - most of the art in my living areas and the kilim rug I have are quite red. But I tend not to buy many clothes or shoes that are that color. Case in point, I've had these shoes for so, so many years, and while I think they're borderline out of style (the toes are a bit too big and square), I can't quite say goodbye to them yet. They're in great shape and the color is a really good red. Not too red, not too dark.


Top - Loft / Belt - Macy's? / Skirt - Target / Shoes - Reaction Kenneth Cole


Outfit #2


Another color combination I don't wear very often - orange and blue. But this time it's because it reminds me too much of the Broncos colors. And though I may love their football, I just can't quite go there with regular clothes. I also don't think orange is one of my best colors. But since I'm trying to wear things in my closet that don't see the light of day often enough, I needed to pull this top out. Aren't these wedges fun? I got them over the winter on clearance and finally remembered to wear them.

Top - Wallis / Necklace - Target / Capris - Target / Shoes - Target


 Outfit #3

Nothing very exciting or fun here, but I had a lot of running around to do this day and wanted to be comfortable. I wish you could see the details on this top - it's another one of those that has ruffles and pleats - all kinds of things that make it totally cute. At least you can see that it is sheer and the darker black on the button placket is actually velvet.

Top - Target / Necklace - Charming Charlie / Capris - Old Navy / Shoes - Steve Madden


Outfit #4

After work I had dinner plans with a friend and you just never know who you're going to see, so I dressed up a bit. These pants are seriously so cute and comfortable - I can't get enough of them!

Top - INC / Necklace - Loft / Pants - Liz Claiborne / Shoes - Target


 Outfit #5

Super casual Saturday. I really need to wear a tank under this semi-sheer t-shirt, but I was only hanging at home and running to Target, so I didn't really care. But I did want to fun it up with all the animal print accessories.

Top - J. Crew / Bracelet - J. Crew / Belt - Target / Pants - Eddie Bauer / Flips - Nine West


I finally joined the sock bun bandwagon. :) At a Junior League meeting last week two of the girls had their hair in sock buns and it looked so cute. One of the girls even demonstrated the technique for us. I didn't actually use a sock because I don't have socks that would match my hair, so I went and bought the mesh pouf-like thing. My hair is super thin so I have to be really strategic about how it covers the mesh thing, but I think I did a pretty good job. And I really like the look!


Outfit #6


We've had some really weird, cool weather for July. Usually I would be roasting in a maxi dress, but this morning was chilly and foggy, so the warmth was actually kind-of welcome. I still need to hem this a little bit - I still have to wear hella high wedges to keep the hem off the ground.

Dress - Target / Belt - from a skirt / Shoes - Nine West


I hope you enjoyed my outfits this week and that you'll come back next week for more!

4 comments:

  1. Great outfits, I really like the first one, with the stripes and red accents.
    Inge
    This Ever Evolving Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Inge! That is one of my favorite outfits now, too!

      Delete
  2. Hi, i just found your blog yesterday and love, love, love it! You look so great and fashionable.

    ReplyDelete