Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

I'm really sad to say that I won't be posting an Academy Awards fashion review this year. I totally missed the red carpet and the entire awards show because I was stuck in the airport in Portland and then on the plane. And of course it seemed like the only channel the plane didn't have was the one that showed the awards show. :(  Oh well. I guess my outfits will have to suffice.

Outfit #1

Wore this to work one day last week. Even though our office is really casual, I usually try to only wear jeans on Friday. But my boss was gone all week, so jeans in the middle of the week it was!

Jacket - Target - $19.98 sale from $39.99 / Top - Target / Belt - Coach / Jeans - Levi's / Boots - Nine West

Outfit #2

I feel like I might be one of the few people left who like to look nice on the plane. Maybe because I'm still looking for Mr. Right and think he might be there? Anyways, this is what I wore to fly to Portland to visit my sister and sister-in-law for a short visit and celebrate my birthday a little early. This top is from the Lela Rose for Neiman Marcus for Target (jeez, that's a mouthful!) collection. I bought the items I wanted immediately when they came out because I thought they'd sell out really quickly. Boy was I wrong! The price point was pretty high for Target, even though the clothing is really, really nice quality, so the collection sat there forever! I thought it wouldn't go on clearance until after Christmas which would probably mean no price adjustments, but right before Christmas it went to 50% off. I was kind of pissed that I paid so much, so I took it all back and bought it immediately again for the lower price.

Top - Lela Rose for Neiman Marcus for Target - $35.00 sale from $69.99 / Cardi - Target / Jeans - Levi's / Boots - Nine West

Outfit #3

My cozy outfit for my first day in rainy Portland. And I totally made the scarf I'm wearing! Can you believe it?!? I'm replicating the outfit of a blogger I follow - a how to winterize a maxi skirt outfit - but I didn't have a chunky scarf. Then I pinned a DIY scarf on Pinterest and actually made it. And got lots of compliments on it! Here's a link to the arm knitted scarf I made. Watch the video - it's incredibly helpful. My hair looks weirdly long and wrinkled in this picture, which is before it got totally rained on, so it doesn't make much sense. Whatevs.

Scarf - DIY / Jean Jacket - Gap / Shirt - H&M / Belt - ? / Skirt - Bopeau via Nordstrom Rack / Shoes - Steve Madden

Outfit #4

Hanging out in Portland outfit. I changed into something cuter later for a dinner party, but forgot to get a picture.

Sweater - Target - $22.99 / Tank - Old Navy / Jeans - J. Jill / Shoes - Steve Madden

Outfit #5

Back in Denver. Back to work. Sad. But at least I have this pretty skirt to wear! I saw the same blogger I mentioned above wearing this skirt and loved it so much I literally had to go buy it the same day. Though today might have not been the most ideal day to wear it. Getting across icy gutters in a pencil skirt is not an easy feat. And this afternoon another storm came in and the temp with wind chill was like 10 degrees, so I was really quite cold. Oh well.

Top - CAbi / Necklace - Loft / Belt - Target / Skirt - Target - $22.99 / Tights - Assets / Shoes - Coach


Of course I'm linking up with the Pleated Poppy, so click on the link over to the right to see all the other bloggers outfits!


No comments:

Post a Comment