Wednesday, February 20, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

My week of outfits for this post started with a three day celebration of Valentine's Day (even though I'm single). I celebrated with pink!

 Outfit #1

I finally got to wear this skirt (I've had it forever!), and with fun tights similar to those I ripped a couple weeks ago. I bought the skirt a couple years ago during the end of winter sales. It's a fabulous felted wool. I bought it slightly larger than I wore at the time because I knew I'd need to tailor the pencil skirt to fit my curves correctly. But then I never got it tailored and it sat in my closet for a really long time. Finally this winter, I got a bunch of clothes tailored, including this skirt. It needed much more work this time around because of the weight I've lost - I could practically pull it on and off without unzipping it. The waist is still a little big, but it's a million times better than it was before.

Turtleneck - CAbi / Necklace - ILY Couture / Belt - Target / Skirt - Talbots / Tights - Hue / Shoes - Coach

Outfit #2

I originally put this on for Valentine's Day, but then realized I actually had no need to even leave the house, so I changed into something more comfortable. I got the sweater a few months ago at Target, where it was oddly on clearance already. Also, I finally found some more opaque black tights - yay! These are from Hue and they are their Super Opaque tights. Love them.


Ahhhhh....much more comfortable. :) Yoga pants and slippers. (I figured I'd show you what I really wore, even if it's nothing special.)

Sweater - Target - $11.48 sale from $22.99 / Necklace - Stella & Dot / Skirt - Jason Wu for Target / Tights - Hue / Shoes - Coach / Yoga Pants - Target / Slippers - Target

Outfit #3

My third and final pink outfit - an old suede blazer I've had forever, paired with a fun striped scarf. This scarf is really more appropriate for spring, but it caught my eye recently and looked good with this blazer. It has bright pink, mint green, bright blue, and navy blue stripes. I was originally confounded as to what shoes I was going to wear, but because of the navy stripes, I wore my navy shoes. Then I determined that I really like the combo of bright pink and navy together.

Blazer - Valerie Stevens / Scarf - Target - $14.99 / Shirt - Target / Jeans - J. Jill / Shoes - Nine West

Outfit #4

Wore this on a beautiful 60 degree day this weekend - so random for Denver in the middle of February, but that's why I love this city. :) I also love this ikat print scarf and its combo of black and brown.

Shirt - Target / Scarf - Echo via Macy's - gift from my sister-in-law / Jeans - J. Jill / Shoes - Steve Madden

Outfit #5

I really like this black and white outfit for some reason. I feel flirty and fun in it. Pair it with bold red lips - perfect! :)

Top - H&M / Belt - ? / Skirt - Jason Wu for Target / Tights - Hue / Shoes - Coach


Hope you enjoyed my outfits this week! See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment