Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

So a lot of the bloggers who participate in The Pleated Poppy's link-up seem to post more than just their Wednesday outfits. I like that. Most of the time my other outfits are better than what I actually wore on Wednesday, so I started taking pics on other days, too. Without further delay, here's what I wore:

Outfit #1

I'm not afraid of white jeans in winter! Wore this to work and shopping. I had been looking for a chambray shirt forever - I'm incredibly picky about the color and the quality of the fabric and finally found one that met all my requirements.

Shirt - Land's End - $45
Jeans - J. Jill - Old
Belt - Land's End - $20 online sale

slightly closer photo of my cutie birds necklace
Necklace - H&M - Old
Cami - CAbi - Old

I love the trend of stacking bracelets!
Bracelets:
Chunky one nearest my hand - vendor at Junior League's Holiday Mart - $18
Bangle with flowers nearest my cuffs - Stella & Dot - old
All the others - Claire's - old




Boots - duoboots.com - $300
I love these boots with a passion. This company customizes calf sizes, so if you need wide calf boots (like me) or even narrow calf boots, they can do it. They have great styles, lots of options, and are really great quality. The total customization is a nice change from other "wide calf" options. Well worth the price to me.

Outfit #2

Another work outfit. Told you I didn't usually dress up. But I just love this sweater. :)

Sweater - Rewind via Kohl's (juniors section) - $22 (sale, orig. $44)
Jeans - J. Jill - old
Boots - duoboots.com - $300

Seriously. How cute is this hootie?!?

Outfit #3
Finally figured out how to take a better picture of myself!
I wore this to two different holiday parties in the last couple weeks. I originally bought a different skirt for the parties, but couldn't get it to style as I had imagined it. I found this dress on sale and it turned out to be exactly the right thing! I love the color, the pattern of the weave, the slight shine of the fabric, the style... I could go on and on about it.

Dress - Kirna Zabete for Target - $20 (sale from $45 - I think)
Tights - Assets via Target - old
Shoes - Nine West - old
Purse - Kate Spade via Nordstrom Rack - $120


Closer picture of the necklace that I got about a billion compliments on. It's so sparkly that it doesn't photograph well. Also, I'm in love with this lipstick. I'm really picky about lipstick and don't usually wear it because I can't handle either the stickiness or the scent or the flavor. Sometimes all three, but this one is great in all respects.

Necklace - Target (!) - $30
Lipstick - Plum Wine Sonia Kashuk via Target - $15 

Outfit #4

Wore this to work, hopeful that I would get a call about a job offer. Sadly, I did not. (Yet.) But it's still a great skirt that I got for a steal.

Top - Inc via Macy's - old
Skirt - Nordstrom Collection - $50 (sale from $168!)
Tights - Assets via Target - old
Shoes - Coach - old
Necklace - Stella & Dot - old


Here's a better pic of the fabric of the skirt. It's a fabulous tweed with lots of colors in it - navy, black, brown, tan. The waist is banded in leather and it has an exposed zipper on the back. It's fully lined so it's not clingy at all. I usually stay away from straight skirts as they never fit me correctly, but this one is really good. And with all those colors in it, quite versatile, too. And I seriously can't pass up that kind of deal! :)


I hope you liked seeing more than one outfit. It takes a lot of work, but I think it's fun!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you got that dress from Target!

    You look adorable! I have come to expect no less ;)

    Looking forward to seeing you over Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty outfits. I love your boots, and that dress is gorgeous. My daughter just bought me that owl sweater for Christmas. She got a gift card from my brother and insisted on using part of it to buy me a gift. It was really, really sweet. I'll be wearing that sweater a lot this winter.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete