Thursday, June 27, 2013

Throwback Thursday


I'm back with another Throwback Thursday story! Today's topic is throwback birthday and I'm linking up with The Life of Bon again.

Before I get into my story, look at this oh-so-cute photo of me on my actual birth day! Look at all that hair! Plus, thankfully I didn't have the baby cone head because I was c-section.


And look at this cute photo from my 3rd birthday. This photo proved to me that my mother intended to spell my name Lizzie and not Lizzy.


Oh my! Check out this picture from my 9th birthday! LOVE the orange shag carpet in my parent's basement. For real, I do love that I am still friends (or at least Facebook friends) with most of the girls in this picture!

mom, Bridget, Jeannine, me, Kasey, Kim, Dana, Melissa, Kendra

But the real throwback birthday I intend to talk about is my 30th birthday. I know, I know. It really wasn't all that long ago (6 years!), but I think it was one of my most memorable birthdays!

I really wanted to have a party for my big 3-0. And I would have loved if somebody had thrown a surprise party for me, but I knew that wouldn't happen. See, my boyfriend at the time was really not a party kind of guy and it would never occur to him to throw a party for me. I also knew that nobody in my family would think to throw me a party either, so that meant I had to do it myself.

I was really into martinis at the time (who am I kidding, I'm still into martinis!) and decided that I wanted to hold the party at a jazz club that had an attached bar that served the best martinis ever - Dazzle. My favorite was called the Jello martini, it was pink and flavored with jello. :) I had my theme and went on a mission to find martini themed invitations. I invited all of my coworkers, my closest friends, all of my extended family, my boyfriend's family. I was going to order a bunch of food for everybody and let them order their own drinks. It would be a ton of fun!

mom, dad, me, kristen
My sister came in from Oregon for the party and made cupcakes, which the bar let her bring in. She had a big tray of them and put candles on them in the shape of 3-0, which looked so cool. It was awesome!

Jen, Briauna, me, Bridget, Michelle
My friend Jen came in from Austin, Briauna was very pregnant and was still there with her husband, my oldest friend Bridget came in from Albuquerque with her boyfriend and even brought her mom, who was like my second mom growing up, and my good friend Michelle was there with her husband. I felt so special to have so many out-of-towners there for my big day.

Erin, Angie, me, Deborah, Pam, Alice-Louise
 My lovely work girls were all there, too. We were a special group and were all really good friends because of how closely we worked together and how much we had to travel together.  All of their husbands came, too.

All of my local aunts and uncles and cousins came, my boyfriend's parents and brother and sister-in-law were there. It was a great big fun group. I had so, so much fun!

When I went to pay the food bill at the end of the night (of which I didn't get to eat any because I was too busy socializing!), I got another great gift - somebody had taken care of the entire bill! I never found out who paid, but it was an awesome surprise.

After most everybody left, my boyfriend and I stayed to have dinner with Michelle and her husband - food was most definitely necessary. It was a nice, relaxing way to end the night.

This was my best birthday ever! I'll probably plan another party for my 40th in a few years, though, so hopefully that one will be fabulous, too! Come back next Thursday for another blast into my past!


No comments:

Post a Comment