Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

I managed to pull together five great outfits on four days this past week, none of which were for Easter. I was sick for three days and therefore didn't get to wear the dress I specifically bought for the festivities this year. Sad. :( 

Outfit #1

I've only worn this chambray top once since I got it, but I love it so it needs to go in the rotation more often. I bought this skirt many, many years ago but haven't worn it in quite a while - probably over two years. It's a beautiful super-soft brown suede and the last time I wore it (for a birthday dinner) the waiter dropped my sauce covered silverware on me when he cleared my plate. It stained the skirt even after I sent it away for a very expensive cleaning. I decided to ignore the stain because I love the skirt too much and paid way too much for it to let it go to waste.


The skirt has a slight high-low hem, which makes it even more flattering on me. I always get complimented on it when I wear it.

Top - Old Navy / Belt - Target / Skirt - CAbi / Boots - David Tate

Outfit #2

While it hasn't been very long since I wore this general outfit, what is totally new is the belt. I love the bow and the color of the leather is spot-on with the boots.

Dress - Target / Jean Jacket - Gap / Belt - Kate Spade / Boots - duoboots.com

Outfit #3

The same day I wore the previous outfit, John and I realized we had an event to attend that we both forgot about. I looked at my dress and what he was wearing and said - we need to change, neither of us is dressed nice enough for a company's 40th anniversary party with formal invitations and champagne cocktails. I came home and found this dress in my closet. I bought it ages ago because it was such a great deal, thinking I'd find an event to wear it to eventually. While I determined it was nice enough to go bare legged for the first time this spring, I did end up throwing on a black cardigan over this for a little warmth. I was dressed totally appropriately for the event and the bright royal blue was perfect for spring!

Dress - Soho Apparel via Ross - $19.99 / Necklace - White House Black Market / Belt - from a skirt / Shoes - Coach

Outfit #4

I felt like I hadn't worn this blazer in a long time, so I pulled it out and paired it with this pearl necklace that I've had for probably ten years and recently rescued from storage. I bought it in High Point, NC when I was there for Market one year (absolutely everybody had them!), and I used to wear it shorter with a big bow tied from the black satin ribbons. I think it's more current tied long like this. I also wore its matching bracelet, too. :)

Blazer - Target / Tee - J. Crew / Necklace & Bracelet - Boutique in High Point / Belt - Coach / Jeans - Levi's / Shoes - Audrey Brooke 

Outfit #5

I wish I could retire the black tights for the spring, but of course it's cold again. Here I'm wearing one of my cheap F21 necklaces for the first time and a skirt I haven't worn in years because it didn't fit. In fact, the last time I wore it, I couldn't tuck in my shirt and show the cute inset grosgrain ribbon because it was too tight and looked like crap. But now it's good! I originally planned to wear a darker pink pleated skirt today, but I decided the color wasn't springy enough, so I pulled this one out and felt like a breath of fresh spring air on this cloudy, rainy, cold, blah day. (Can you tell how I felt about the weather today?)

Top - CAbi / Necklace - F21 - $7.80 / Skirt - The Limited / Tights - Assets / Shoes - Coach


I'm linking up with Real Girl Style and the Pleated Poppy, so click on their buttons on the right menu to check out the other bloggers outfits, too!

3 comments:

  1. You look lovely in all the outfits! My favourite is the blue dress! You look gorgeous :)

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come all over that blue dress

    ReplyDelete