Monday, April 8, 2013

Christmas in April!

When I moved all of my belongings into storage months ago and moved into John's house, I never anticipated that they would still be there six months later. That's why I had no qualms packing up all of my spring and summer shoes and only bringing with me the shoes and boots I knew I would need for winter. Well, here we are, moving into spring with summer hot on its heels (I'm sure), and I have absolutely no cute sandals to wear. It's not like I'm working enough to go buy all new shoes - not that I want to anyway. I have some seriously cute shoes already!

So I decided that I absolutely must venture into my storage unit to find the boxes that contain my cute shoes. The problem was that I had no idea where in the unit the boxes might be. I had a lot of wonderful friends and family that helped me move, which made my presence almost superfluous when loading the unit up. Therefore, I had no idea where anything ended up in there.


This is what it looks like in there. Pretty daunting. The boxes are stacked well over my head and this narrow area was my only access point. I also attempted to do this by myself and some of these boxes are really heavy. But I persevered. And now I have bruises all over my body. I have a big one on my foot from where I dropped a box on it, another on my shin from who knows what. Then I have a deep one on my shoulder, I guess from running into something. That one still hurts. The worst looking bruise, though, is on my ass. Yep. I backed into the corner of something and right then I knew it was going to make an awful mark. It hurt so bad. It's about the size of an orange and is the deepest shade of purple, almost black. Lovely.

But, I did finally find the three large boxes that held the majority of my shoes and was able to get them home. Unpacking them was like Christmas in April! I love my shoes! My mom was laughing because I have such a wide variety of shoes - from Target to Prada. Variety is the spice of life. :)

Here are some of my favorites:

Tory Burch flips

Steve Madden bright yellow silk flats

Prada heels, thrifted from a great consignment store in Las Vegas
they have a seriously funky metal heel, a fun cap toe, and a contrast bow

Tahari peep toe Mary Janes
I love the linen and leather combo

Boden patent leather t-straps, that I bought for my sister's wedding
the small cork wedge was perfect for their outdoor wedding

Sam Edelman wedges, made of the softest leather
the raffia covered wedge is fabulous

Red suede and ribbon Coach slip-ons
they have a great scalloped edge and grommet detail the ribbon is woven through


Funky linen and leather Target sandals
they're kind of military inspired, which I think is still on trend this summer


There you have it! Some of my favorite shoes that have just been rescued from storage! 

No comments:

Post a Comment