Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Emmy's Fashion Review

I had to watch the red carpet and the Broncos game at the same time this year. The game sucked, but I couldn't turn it off, kind of like an accident - you can't not look! Because of that I missed some dresses and actually had to watch the show, which was painful, but I did it. Just so I could see the dresses. :)

Let's start with the brights - Julie Bowen wore a fun highlighter bright dress. I liked it. I thought it was a daring color that she pulled off nicely. I think the top didn't fit her correctly, but the rest of the sort-of deconstructed gathers were fun and different. Her hair was a bit of a disaster, though. Messy and beachy and I didn't like it for this event.



Next up -Leslie Mann. Another dress I love. I think the mandarin color of the skirt is fabulous and I like the white/nude beaded top. I think if the dress was color up to the top it wouldn't be as successful. I also love the pairing of the chunky turquoise jewelry with it, although the designer of the dress didn't. Also - POCKETS!!! Love a dress with pockets.



I love the color and the ombre effect of Nancy O'Dell's dress, but I absolutely HATE the gold lightning strip that punctures it and holds it up. I think it's unnecessary. Also, I think Nancy needs to stop tanning so much.



I first saw Julianne Moore's dress from far away on the red carpet and just saw the top. I loved it. I thought it was one of those simple Calvin Klein jersey dresses and would just skim her body in a simple line to the floor, but in a totally funky fun color, which seems like an acid yellow/green. Then during the show I saw the rest. I'm not a fan. I think the two parts of the dress don't go together well. I don't like the high, high waist without any kind of interesting detail. I don't like the heavy-ness of the skirt with the long sleeves and high neck. I think it would be much more successful if it was all one fabric. But the color looks fabulous on her.



Padma Lakshmi's dress was a beautiful color and fit her stunning figure perfectly, but I think the overall effect is a little boring. There's no interesting jewelry or cool clutch. You can't even see her shoes. I think she could have done better.



Now for some of the most boring dresses. Christina Hendricks. Jeez. She needs some help dressing her body. And if somebody is helping her, they need to be fired. Her boobs were popping out of this thing. and it seemed too tight on her hips, like it was bunching weirdly when she wasn't standing exactly like this. (See the weird bubble right behind her clutch at her thigh.) And this has got to be one of the most boring non-colors ever. It's not that flattering on her. She's too pale to pull this off. Either she needs to be in saturated color or pure white, but this nude/silver color is not her friend. I do like the belt though.



Emily VanCamp here is wearing her grandma's dirty dishwater 100-year-old curtains. Girl, you are young and beautiful. Wear something that highlights those facts. Gauzy grey blah is not good enough.



Kristen Wiig obviously thought she was going to a different event. She's wearing what equates to a bridal nightgown and suede pumps that would look good at the office. The dress is too casual for this event and not a good (non) color for her. Boring. The length just adds to the not-right-ness. The shoes are not red carpet worthy, nor do they do anything for the dress/nightgown. Her hair is her normal boring regular. C'mon. You can do much better than this.


Stay tuned for more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment