Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful


Happy Thanksgiving!  I often think that my life isn't all that great, but I do know that I have a lot to be thankful for.



I am thankful for my family.  We are a big group of crazy and sometimes exasperating people, but we are always there for each other.  In good times and in bad, we are there.  I get to spend every holiday with my extended family and for that I am very thankful.  There have only been a couple times when I wasn't with everybody on a holiday and those times were incredibly difficult for me.  I can remember each of them.  Once in high school, my parents and sister were gone for Kristen's soccer tournament, or something, at Thanksgiving.  I was with the rest of my family, but it was still very sad for me.  I felt like we weren't complete without them at Thanksgiving.  Another time, we spent Thanksgiving with Jeff's family instead of mine.  I was so sad - I missed them all so much.  One year, Kristen couldn't make it home in time for Christmas because of a blizzard here.  That was incredibly depressing.  And most recently, last year two of my cousins weren't here for Thanksgiving.  It was too quiet and felt incomplete.  When they called to talk to everybody during dinner, I actually cried because I missed them so much.

Dulacki Family at Kristen & Stacy's wedding
 


I am thankful for my friends.  Near and far.  New and old.  The support and love I receive from them is incredible and amazing and I couldn't do it without them.

Dana, Meah, me, Jeannine, and Luciana
me and Michelle



I am thankful for my job.  I know I often complain about it and frequently hope for a different job, but I know that I am lucky to even have a job in this economy.  I get to work with beautiful furniture and fabrics, and in amazing homes.  People value my opinions on their surroundings.  My designs make people happy.  Sometimes you can't ask for more.  Because of my job I can afford food and shelter.  I am warm and my belly is full.  When I am sick, I can afford to go to the doctor.  When my car is sick, I can afford to fix it.  When I want beautiful shoes, I can afford to buy them.  For all these reasons and more, I am thankful for my job.

me working hard



I am thankful for my Lulu.  She has been my constant companion for the past almost 12 years.  I adore and love her like no other.  It may seem ridiculous, but she gives my life purpose.

my precious Lulu



There is so much more to be thankful for, but these are the big ones today.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment