Sunday, November 6, 2011

Best Bra in the World!

Yes, I really am going to blog about a bra.

I am constantly on the look-out for a bra that is everything I want it to be.  For some reason it's been a much harder search than I ever fathomed.  I want a bra to be comfortable with underwires.  I want my boobs to look good with and without clothes.  I want it to fit well.  And I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on it.  I know, that's a lot to ask of one bra, but I had faith that one day I'd find it.

I've tried a lot of bras that people say are great and have found them lacking.  I tried the bras that had 1/2 cup sizing, hoping for a better fit, but I haven't loved them.  I've tried non-underwire bras, hoping they'd be more comfortable, but didn't feel like I got enough support.  I tried the Spanx bra, which they advertise as "so comfortable you'll forget you have it on!"  I have it on right now, and I actually don't like it at all.  The underwires dig into me both on the outer edges of my boobs and between my boobs.  The all-hoisery band that is supposed to "banish back fat" by not being too tight tends to bunch up instead of laying flat.  And the cups are a bit stiff and they don't form well to my boobs - they're a bit pointy for my taste.  And the cups are incredibly covering - any low cut tops are out with this bra because the bra would show.

But I finally found the best bra in the world!  The Incredible Bra from Victoria's Secret.  Kristen and Stacy extolled the virtues of this bra this summer and I didn't believe them.  They said it was so comfortable and it made your boobs look great.  But both of them have pretty good boobs to begin with, so I wasn't sure that was completely accurate marketing.  But I was getting sick of constantly buying bras and then hating them and wanting to take them off by mid-day.  So I finally bought one.  It's the best $45 I've ever spent on a bra.  I intend to buy more of them.

Honestly I wanted to use a pic of the bra without a model in it,
but of course I couldn't find one.



Per VS, the attributes of this bra are:
- cushioned underwire won't dig, bind, or pinch
- wide band slims and smooths under all your tops
- self-adjusting straps fit perfectly every time
- flat back closure for a seamless look
- lightly lined

It comes in the regular variety of fits - demi, front close, push-up, strapless.

All of those things are true.  It's really amazing.  The first day I wore it, I wore it all day without having to adjust it what-so-ever.  And it was so comfortable that I didn't feel the need to take it off immediately upon arriving home after work.  In fact, when I went to get ready to go to bed, I was surprised that I still had it on!  Another thing I love about it is that it doesn't cover too much.  I can wear a slightly low-cut top and not be concerned that my bra might show.  The demi has enough up-lift without being too sexy.  The cups are comfortable and move enough to fit my boobs well.  There's enough lining so that there's no nip show through when it's cold.  I think it makes my boobs look good with and without clothes.  And apparently, the story of this bra goes - a man designed it and had his wife try it out.  She exclaimed that it was Incredible!  Hence, it's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment