Monday, June 27, 2011

At Peace?

Part of me has been feeling oddly at peace lately.  I can't figure it out.  I don't know why.  I tried explaining it to John today and he actually understood what I was trying to say.

I feel like my soul has made peace with something, though my head hasn't quite caught up yet.  And I don't know what it's made peace with.  I just have this odd sense of it all being okay, of being content, of things making sense.  I've even had less road rage!

John says that I should definitely listen to my soul; it's probably right.  Our brains just mess it all up with too much thinking.

But what have I made peace with?  Have I accepted my lot in life?  Am I content with my place in the world?  Will I be okay by myself, without getting married and having children?  I don't know.  I do know that my life isn't perfect (who's is?), there is a lot going on right now - crazy at work, Kristen's wedding coming up, searching for a new Fundraising VP at Junior League, and I've been really lonely lately.  So how has my soul made peace with all this going on?

It's a confusing feeling.  I'll let you know if I can unify my soul and my head sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. There's no rush. I believe that peace finds us when it's most needed. I've recently found peace amongst a cross-country move, new job, new dog, new town, people, new everything. That's not to say peace comes from ridiculous amounts of change (I'm not one to do things mildly apparently), but change in knowing more of who you are, where you're at, what makes you happy: then yes once that happens, maybe we find peace. Nice blog, lovely lady. I'm proud to know that by merely acknowledging your thoughts in this new found peace: you are an agent of change. Nicely done. Oxo

    ReplyDelete