Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Guru Told Me...

The other day my boss said something kind of profound to me and I asked him if a guru told him that.  He laughed and said that it sounded like the title of a book - "A Guru Told Me..."  Later it made me think of this nifty feature on my Kindle, where you can highlight part of a book and it stores it as your "clipping".  I've been highlighting passages I like and thought I'd share them with you.  They are what a guru told me.  Forgive me for not sharing what book or author they come from.  It would just take too much time.

"Love ain't got no business happenin' to the young.  Only the old be wise enough to treat it right."

"By remembering that what you cannot undo, you must accept."

"It is a blessing as well as a burden to love so much that you can hurt so badly when love is gone."

"'Desire urges me on, as fear bridles me.'  Doesn't that explain everything that happens in the world?"

"There comes a time when you either embrace who and what you are, or condemn yourself to be miserable all your days.  Other people will try to make you miserable; don't help them by doing the job yourself."

"Some choices you make with your heart, some with your head, but when in doubt choose head over heart - it will keep you alive."

"Of course, not meaning to did not make it hurt less."

"All mindless hatred comes from a root of fear."

"A flower may be beautiful all on its own, but a person is never truly beautiful unless someone else's eyes show him that he is beautiful."

"No name calling truly bites deep unless, in some dark part of us, we believe it.  If we are confident enough then it's just noise."

"There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds."

"Looking back wouldn't make me feel better.  Looking back would simply make me want to ask for help.  Some things you have to do yourself."


Hope you've enjoyed a little bit of what speaks to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment