Friday, March 4, 2011

What I'm Listening To


Although she doesn't need me doing any marketing for her because she's everywhere right now, I am so in love with this album, Adele - 21.  She has an amazing soulful voice, wonderful range, and her lyrics touch my heart.  And she's only 21 years old!  (Hence the name of this album.)  Apparently this album is in reaction to a bad break-up and that's obvious if you listen to the lyrics.  Someone seriously broke her heart.  I HIGHLY recommend this album and her first album, 19.  (Which came out when she was 19,)

One of my favorites is the one they're playing on the radio right now - Rolling in the Deep.  Here are the lyrics of the chorus:
The scars of your love
Remind me of us
They keep me thinking
That we almost had it all
The scars of your love
They leave me breathless
I can't help feeling
We could've had it all

Another fave is her remake of The Cure's Lovesong.  It's really beautiful.  And yet another stand-out for me is Someone Like You.  Again, the lyrics are so touching.



I'm also listening to Amos Lee - Mission Bell.  I heard him live on KBCO playing Windows Are Rolled Down and loved it.  To me the album is hit or miss, some songs I love and some are okay.  He partners with Lucinda Williams on Clear Blue Eyes and Willie Nelson on one version of El Camino.  I think the pairing with Lucinda is quite successful and their song is really beautiful.  While I don't mind the Willie version of El Camino, I prefer the solo-Amos version.




Somehow I missed this album when it first came out, Kings of Leon - Come Around Sundown, but better late than never!  As with Adele, I love the entire album, but stand-outs for me are Back Down South and Pickup Truck.  Another one I highly recommend.

I've been playing these albums over and over instead of listening to the radio.  Even my boss likes them all.  Try them out!  Happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment