Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What I Wore Wednesday

Welcome back to another week of What I Wore Wednesday. I've decided that I need to try to wear the items in my closet that either I've never worn or don't get to see the light of day often enough. Every day this past week (that I actually got dressed), at least one piece of clothing fit this category.

Outfit #1

Wearing my new favorite color combo again - bright pink and navy. And I rescued my jewelry box from storage, so I'm wearing a pendant that I haven't had access to in 5 months. The sweater is one of the thrifted items from my shopping spree at Goodwill a couple months ago.

Cardi - Classiques Entier (a Nordstrom brand), thrifted, $5.99 / Tank - Target / Necklace - Tucson Gem & Mineral Show / Pants - H&M / Shoes - Nine West


Here's a better photo of my necklace. I love it - I mean, c'mon, it's got three different pink stones. What's not to love? :) I got it many years ago when I used to do a lot of work in Tucson and went to the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show. That's a crazy event, incredibly overwhelming. Such gorgeous things. It's mostly loose gems and stones and such, but occasionally there was finished jewelry like this.

Outfit #2

Another Goodwill item here - a black midi skirt. When I tried it on I wasn't so sure about the length on me, but as it's such a popular length this season, I decided to get it. I don't think it's a bad look upon closer inspection.

Jean Jacket - The Gap / T-Shirt - J. Crew - $14.90 / Skirt - Loft, thrifted - $4.99 / Shoes - Liz Claiborne via JCP - $40.00


I adore these polka dot shoes. So friggin cute.  And quite comfortable, too. Can you believe they're from JCP?!?

Outfit #3

For someone who wears leopard print all the time, I don't wear this cashmere cardi nearly often enough. And I got it for a steal at the end of last winter. Cashmere, even at Kohl's, is always expensive, so you should buy it on sale whenever you can.

Cardi - Apt. 9 via Kohl's / Tank - Target / Jeans - Levi's / Boots - Nine West

Outfit #4

I bought this skirt early in the fall and this is the first time I've worn it. It is not the most flattering on me for some reason. I might need to get it taken in, as when I cinch the waist with a belt, the side seams lie funny on my hips. Originally, I thought the length was weird, but now I like it (see the above midi skirt). You can't see the colors well, but the windowpane plaid is in off white and dusty orange. It's a great lined wool skirt, but it's more appropriate for fall than spring, even if the temp outside still says winter.

Top - Apt. 9 via Kohl's / Skirt - Land's End / Belt - Target / Boots - David Tate

Outfit #5

Some more jewelry from the rescued jewelry box and a pair of pants that I've never worn. Plus a top I haven't worn probably since last spring. I bought the pants online a long time ago and they didn't fit when I got them. I procrastinated sending them back and  missed the deadline, so they just sat in my drawer until I moved. When I tried them on again when I did my big closet clean out, they actually fit! Well, the thighs fit now. I still need to get the waist taken in a couple inches. But that's easily hidden until I can get them altered. I really like them. They're almost like a black chambray (that's the best way I can describe the fabric) and have a fun trapunto stitching on the waistband. I wanted to wear them with some open toe heels, but we unexpectedly got a bunch of show overnight and this morning, so boots it is.


I bought the necklace and matching earrings at the Saturday Market in Portland many years ago. I don't know what stone it is, but I always get compliments on it. 

Cardi - Target / Top - Simply Vera by Vera Wang via Kohl's / Belt - from a skirt / Necklace & Earrings - Saturday Market / Pants - Chadwicks / Boots - Nine West


I'm linking up with the Pleated Poppy again, so click on her link over on the right bar to check out all the other bloggers outfits! I'm also linking up with Real Girl Style for the first time and that button is on the right menu bar, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment