Friday, November 16, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday

I read a couple blogs that have been doing this and I really like it, so I'm copying them!

1. Interviewing is hard. I have a new found respect for all the people I've interviewed over the years for Junior League's Board of Directors. You think you've prepped enough, you've gotten an idea of what they're going to ask you from your friend, you've gone over potential questions and witty thorough answers in your head...and it's still not enough. You forget all those great words that were tumbling around in your head and talk with your hands too much.

2. My dog is getting old. She can't jump up on things like she used to. She can't hear or see very well anymore. She acts like a crotchedy old man most of the time. It makes me sad to think about it.

3. I love fall - the colors the leaves turn, the smell of fire (from a fireplace) on cold nights, bundling up under the blanket, hot tea. But I sure do hate raking. Add that to the list of chores I would pay someone else to do.



4. Denver is really a small town. You never know who you're going to encounter again, so make sure you are always nice and don't burn your bridges. (I'll expand on this another day.)

5. I'm super excited to have booked a trip to Portland for my birthday! I got notice from Frontier that my miles were going to expire in March and I had enough for a free flight, so PDX here I come!

6. Living in John's house has been interesting. Parts of it are wonderful and parts are not. I hate the yardwork (see #3 above) and the neighborhood isn't as friendly a community as I thought it would be. In apartment complexes, everybody says hello and I knew all the dogs names, but I was here for over a month before somebody said hello to me (sometimes not even a hello back when I said it first) and very few people let the dogs say hi to each other. But I do like the space and the quiet. His kitchen is fabulous, even if I don't like where his silverware drawer is.

7. Being without TV has been a serious adjustment, but I think I've handled it pretty well. I definitely watch less TV and listen to more music than ever before. It was nice not being bombarded with political commercials 24-7 and it will continue to be nice not having all the Christmas commercials blasting at me. But I do feel a little disconnected. Like, I didn't realize until just this week that the final Twilight movie was coming out! Gotta get to the theater for that one!

This has been fun. I think I'll continue to do it. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment