Sunday, January 30, 2011

just getting started

I have recently become addicted to blogs from my favorite authors and friends, so I decided to start one of my own!  I'm not quite sure what I'm going to share just yet, but I think it will be musings about work and interior design, the books I'm reading, my friends and family, Junior League...  Oh, what fun!

To start with the design portion of the program - People always think that being an Interior Designer must be the funnest job out there.  (Is funnest a word?)  Some parts of it definitely are fun.  But it's still a job.  It still tries my brain.  I still have frustrating co-workers.  So, no, it's not the funnest job.

I must say that I miss model homes.  When the housing market crashed in 2008, my job as a model home designer basically went away.  Sad.  I loved the fast-paced designing, the variety of styles I experimented with, the traveling to install the furnishings in homes across the country.  I know there are still some model home jobs out there, but no where near what there used to be.

One of my favorite models was in Las Vegas.  It was a million dollar home with lots of custom details and a huge budget.  Here is my favorite picture of the living room.


Ahhhh, the good ol' days.

No comments:

Post a Comment