Sunday, January 15, 2012

Golden Globes Fashion!

I actually got to watch a good amount of the red carpet arrivals this year.  I almost had to mute the hosts though because they were so annoying!  I also kept changing channels from NBC to EW so that I wouldn't have to listen to Ryan Seacrest when he was on EW or some chick in red on NBC.

Here are some of my favorites so far and some misses as well:

Sofia Vergara
I really like this dress on her.  The color is lovely, the details are really interesting, and the fit is good.  Sometimes I think she wears things that are too tight on her chest and it makes her boobs pop out, but this one fits well.  I also like that she has simple hair since there is so much going on at the bottom of the dress.

Charlize Theron
Beautiful!  I love this dress - the color, the details, the high slit that's made more subtle by the bow/flounce thing.  The color is beautiful on her.


Claire Danes
Love this dress, too!  It looks relatively simple from the front and the back is dramatic.  And of course her body looks fabulous in it!

Emma Stone
I think the colors of this are fabulous.  I think the plunging neckline is a little too old for her and the puffy shoulder caps are a little weird as well as the belt with the eagle on it.  But the colors are awesome and great for her skin tone and hair color.  And her hair and makeup looks fabulous.  I want her hair.


Julianna Margulies
I actually don't really like this dress.  The back makes it tolerable, but I don't think it's the most flattering.  But I love her earrings - gorgeous color!

Viola Davis
Love this dress!  It's kind of similar to that one red dress I loved on Connie Britton.  I wish I had paid more attention to the designers!  The color is fabulous with her skin tone and very flattering on her - the one shoulder shows off her awesome upper body.  Her hair looks great and I like the clutch.  I think the shoes are a bit clunky, though.  I think some delicate gold sandals would be better.  In fact, Connie's shoes would be better here!

Evan Rachel Wood
I love the bottom half of this dress.  Beautiful colors, sequins, and feathers.  It's so different than anything anybody else was wearing or has worn ever - I think that's why it's so stunning to me.  The top is a little boring in comparison, but not the most awful.  I dislike her hair this short, but that's just personal preference. I know most critics like it on her.

Reese Witherspoon
I usually love Reese and her dresses, and this one has so-far gotten raves, but I don't think it's all that great.  First, I don't think it fits all that well.  It seems too tight on her hips, too long (it's bunching weirdly on the floor), and the bodice looks too big - like it's standing away from her body and if you were close enough you'd get a good look at the girls.  Also, I think her hair looks too beachy, it's not fancy enough for this event.

Melissa McCarthy
Oh, Melissa.  Why aren't designers doing you justice?  I like that she's got a v-neck this time and it's got some detail, but I wish that same detail was under the bust and maybe even on the wrists as well.  It's just so boring!  At least the color is good on her.

Octavia Spencer
I can't figure out exactly what is wrong here, but I suspect it must be a combination of things.  One, her posture sucks.  Is it because her posture is always bad or she's uncomfortable in this dress?  Two, the style of the dress is a bit matronly and not the most flattering to someone who carries her weight in her chest and belly area.  I've seen her in formal attire lately and it's been way more fashionable and flattering than this.  And three, I suspect that she's not wearing the best, most supportive undergarments.

Shailene Woodley
Last for today, this young girl.  I think she needs a couple extra inches of bodice to make this look like it's not falling off her.  I think that must be why she's hunching - she doesn't want her girls to pop out.  Also, I wish she was wearing a great color.  She's young, she's fun - she can pull it off!

Hopefully I'll have more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment